Pages

Friday 9 November 2018

Maths Reflection - Mahara

Walt: Add subtract and understand place value with decimals

Today we had a maths lesson with Miss Komor. We had been learning how to add subtract and understand place value with decimals. What I found challenging about maths session. Adding up the numbers. what I have learn today was if you add up the tenths on the right side of the decimals it will be easier to add up the other numbers later.
Image result for math
One of the questions that I was learning on was 6.4 + 8.7 Which equaled 15.1. How I did that was I stated with the tenths which was .4 and .7 and added those. Which equaled .11 and the I added the whole numbers 6. 8. And that equaled 14. and then I added the tenths to the number 14.11 but the can't be a 11 tenths so I rounded the number up to the nearest tenth and that makes one whole number and the was one tent leaf over so now the number looks like this 15.1

Thank you for reading 

No comments:

Post a Comment